BUS QUESTIONS? PLEASE CALL 679-1418
Bus Stop Eliminated in Berwick Area (West Kings Catchment)
Effective October 5 - Click here for details
IMPORTANT MEMO FROM AVRSB TRANSPORTATION CLICK HERE
Interested in volunteering or being a chaperone for class trips?
On January 7, 2015, AVRSB revised its policy to ensure that all volunteers maintain up-to-date Criminal Records Checks and Chld Abuse Registry Searches. This policy indicates that volunteers must complete these screening tools every three years. If you plan on volunteering during the 2015-2016 school year and would like to start the process, you may find the forms and instructions under the Documents Tab above (Volunteer Application Form, Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Search).
NEW PROVINCIAL CODE OF CONDUCT
NEW PROVINCIAL HOMEWORK POLICY
Click Here for Parent Portal
How to sign up for the Parent Portal quick reference guide
How to sign up for the Student Portal quick reference guide
Grade 9-12 Parents may pick up their Parent Portal Letter with Passwords in the office
Wednesday, October 7th, 2015
A big THANK YOU to the students and staff that made the Educatio Expo such a success! Special thanks to the students and teachers in the following classes: Ms. MacPhee, Ms. Hyson, Mr. Boutilier, Mr. Sypher, and Mr. MacQuarrie.
Reminder to all Fine Arts Certificate participants to make an appointment to see Ms. Gray this week to discuss project ideas.
All Techsploration Alumnae who want to attend the Alumnae Conference on October 16th need to see Ms. S. Smith to get a form. There are only 4 spots left so get your forms in fast!
MIDDLE LEVEL ANNOUNCEMENTS:
1. The Middle Level Boys Soccer Team is off to West Hants today for their second playoff game. Good luck, guys!
1. Girls Softball on Thursday, 3:30-5 p.m. Bring your gloves!
2. Open gym for anyone interested in Cheerleading will be Mondays from 7-9:30 p.m. at the VCA gym. Tryouts will be November 5th, same time, same place.
3. Senior Girls Varsity Basketball tryouts will take place October 16th and 17th, 6:30-8 p.m.46. Senior Girls JV Basketball tryouts will take place October 18th, 6:30-7:30 p.m. and October 19th, 5:15-7 p.m.
Safe Grad Club 200 Winners
Grad Parents - Send yearbook photos of
your child's "Last First Day of School." Have one of their 1st day of primary
too? Send it our way to firstname.lastname@example.org or www.hjeshare.com or get the APP
Herff Jones E-Share. Use School Code ckgators2016.
Grad Photos will take place November 17-20th. Schedule your appointment (on-line only).
www.lifetouch.ca/mygradphotos. First come, first serve. Brochures will be in
the main office. You need to have your photo taken by Lifetouch if you want to
be included in the Grad Class Composite. (On-line appointments not open yet, please check back)
MUSIC DEPARTMENT ANNOUNCEMENTS:
Band Registration (for parents): Click Here
Student Information (for students): Click Here
1.Thursday: Seussical Pit Band - NOT Marching Band - 7:40 a.m. All players must attend!; Senior Concert Band @ 3:30 p.m.
2. Friday: Senior Concert Band @ 7:40 a.m.
3. Monday: Junior Jazz Band @ 7:40 a.m.
4. Tuesday: Senior Concert Band @ 7:40 a.m.
5. Middle School Band Symphony Nova Scotia Trip, November 6th.
CENTRAL KINGS SCENT POLICY
CENTRAL KINGS IS A PEANUT/NUT AWARE SCHOOL
Please refrain from bringing products with peanut/nuts due to students and staff with allergies