IN THE EVENT OF A STORM DAY DURING EXAMS, EXAM SCHEDULE WILL BE BUMPED BY ONE DAY...PLEASE SEE CALENDAR LINK ABOVE FOR UPDATES
BUS QUESTIONS? PLEASE CALL 679-1418
Click Here for Parent Portal
How to sign up for the Parent Portal quick reference guide
How to sign up for the Student Portal quick reference guide
Grade 9-12 Parents may pick up their Parent Portal Letter with Passwords in the office
CENTRAL KINGS SCENT POLICY
CENTRAL KINGS IS A PEANUT/NUT AWARE SCHOOL
Please refrain from bringing products with peanut/nuts due to students and staff with allergies
In the near future, we will start using a new communication system called Alert Solutions.
This system will allow us to contact you by email, phone and/or text message. We
may use this system to inform you of school closures, emergencies and/or general
school announcements (e.g. newsletters, reminders, etc.). In addition, we will start using the system to contact home if your child was absent from
school and we did not receive an excuse from home.
Click Here For More Information
SELF-IDENTIFICATION INTIAITIVE STARTING FEBRUARY 2
AVRSB is asking all parents/guardians, staff and students to help us learn more about the diversity of our students, staff and communities. Click Here for More Information
Keith Irving MLA has invited the Honourable Kelly Regan and Careers NS to give
a presentation on the in-demand jobs of the future at Horton High School on
Thursday, January 29th from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Parents of junior high and
high school students are encouraged to attend.
MONDAY, JANUARY 26th, 2015
EXAM SCHEDULE Click Here
Don't forget about the Valentiines Day Dance on February 11th from 7-10 p.m. (Grades 9-12). The theme is "Safari." Grade 12s, this is your last dance of high school! Please make sure to come out and enjoy! Hope to see you there!
MIDDLE LEVEL ANNOUNCEMENTS:
1. Junior Boys Basketball practice at 3:30 p.m. today.
2. Grade 6-7-8 Hockey Team is travelling to Canning on Wednesday for a game. Players are asked to be excused at 2:20 p.m. and are responsible for any work missed.
3. All members of the Junior Boys and Junior Girls Soccer Teams will be receiving a small refund. Ms. Totten will be around to see you this week to issue the refund and to get your signature. Please advise your parents/guardians of this.
4. All Middle Level students are reminded that exams are being written in the Senior Gym this week. Please work as quietly as possible when you have Phys. Ed. class!
1. Reminder to all homeroom reps that there is a Leadership Team meeting in Ms. Martin's room at lunch today. Please bring your homeroom's ideas for Winter Carnival Week.
2. Hey, Junior Yogis! Our first Yoga class is THIS THURSDAY at 3:45 p.m. in the Yoga Room (above Ms. Martin's room). Remember to bring appropriate, comfortable clothing. If you have your own mat, please feel free to bring it along. It never hurts to have a water bottle too. If you've signed up but can't make it, please let Ms. Martin know.
3. Wednesday is PAJAMA DAY in the Middle School. Wear your coziest pjs, your snuggly housecoat, or your zip-up onesie with over-sized slippers to win Spirit Points for your homeroom. We hope to see lots of pjs enter the gym when we head to our monthly assembly!
Please look at the student services link on the right hand side of this home page for important information on graduation requirements, scholarships and career planning.
Grads, please check the following To-Do list for a smooth graduation. ClLICK HERE
There are new Post-Secondary Events, Scholarships, and Visitations at CK. Please see Ms. Keddy in the Counselling Office for more information.
Post-Secondary Open House Dates:
Cape Breton University- anytime, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Holland College- Feb 7 (register online)
MUSIC DEPARTMENT ANNOUNCEMENTS:
*There will be no Senior Concert Band or Stage Band rehearsals during the Exam Week.*