BUS QUESTIONS? PLEASE CALL 679-1418
Click Here for Parent Portal
How to sign up for the Parent Portal quick reference guide
How to sign up for the Student Portal quick reference guide
Grade 9-12 Parents may pick up their Parent Portal Letter with Passwords in the office
Central Kings Football 5th Annual Craft Fair
Saturday, October 25th
10:00 - 3:00
For more information click here
or e-mail email@example.com or call 538-3692
CENTRAL KINGS SCENT POLICY
We have a student in our school with a SERIOUS REACTION to scented
students will be required to respect the AVRSB policy of students not bringing
or wearing scented products
scented roll-on type deodorant is ok
spray, perfume, etc is not ok
products should be lightly scented and applied at home before you come to
will be immediate consequences should students violate the policy
deliberate violations will be treated as an assault and will result in at least
a 5 day suspension
OCTOBER 23rd, 2014
Thank you to all staff and students who came out to the school dance last night. A good time was had by all. Special shout-outs to the Dance Committee for their work in decorating; it was spooky!
Beyond Borders meets today at lunch in Mrs. Pick's room.
Planning has started for this year's Remembrance Service. If you have a talent or something to share, please see Mr. Milne asap.
Beginning October 1st and continuing each Wednesday, the Cambridge Baptist Church is offering a free lunch to students who wish to come. You do need to have your permission to leave property form signed.
MIDDLE LEVEL ANNOUNCEMENTS:
1. The song list on the Middle Level bulletin board ends today.
2. The Middle Level School Dance has been changed until October 30th.
3. A reminder to Middle Level students and staff of the Frenchy's sale TODAY, 12:30-1 p.m.! Save up your toonies and shop for your own CK jersey and/or shorts!
4. All Grade 8 students are reminded that their Phys. Ed. homework is due today! Please give it to your homeroom teacher or to Ms. Totten.
1. Middle Level Boys and Girls Soccer players are reminded to return their CLEAN uniforms to Ms. Totten by Thursday.
2. A reminder to Middle Level students and staff of the Frenchy's sale TODAY, 12:30-1 p.m.! Bring your toonies and shop for your own CK jersey and/or shorts!
3. Any students in Grades 6, 7, or 8 interested in playing basketball this year are to sign the sheet outside the Middle Level Gym.
Girls softball practice scheduled for today (Thursday) is cancelled.
1. Junior Varisty Boys Basketball practice today, 5:15-7 p.m.
2. Senior Boys Hockey this Friday night at the Apple Dome vs. Digby; go, Gators!
3. Senior Boys Soccer Team move on to the qualifiers this coming weekend.
4. Senior Girls Soccer Team will host a Qualifier Championship Game at 12:00 p.m. at CK this Saturday, October 25th, so come on our and cheer on the Senior Girls Soccer Team!
5. Intramural Volleyball Sign-Up is in the office. You need a minimum of 6 players!
6. The Senior Boys Soccer Team will depart for their Provincial qualifying game at lunchtime today. Please meet by the office.
7. Football practice today from 3:30-5:00 in the Middle School Gym.
Please look at the student services link on the right hand side of this home page for important information on graduation requirements, scholarships and career planning.
BOOK YOUR GRAD PHOTO APPOINTMENT ON LINE AT lifetouch.ca/mygradphotos
Photos to be taken on October 20th-27th.
Grads, please check the following To-Do list for a smooth graduation. ClLICK HERE
Grad Photos are going on again TODAY! Have you scheduled your appointment? Go to liftetouch.ca/mygradphotos to book your appointment.
Grads attending the Safe Grad Event are to see Ms. S. Smith to get Club 200 tickets to sell as our main fundraiser for Safe Grad. All grads attending Safe Grad need to sell at least 3 tickets.
There will be a Halloween Grad Social next Wednesday, October 29th from 7-9:00 p.m. Lots of fun and candy! Start planning your costume for the contest!
There is a sign up list in the Student Services office for the first 40 students in Grades 11 and 12 who would like to travel to St. Mary's University on October 29th to explore the campus and programs.
Post-Secondary Open House Dates:
Bishop’s University- Oct.25th
Cape Breton University- anytime, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dalhousie University- Sat., Oct.25
Holland College- Nov.15, Feb 7 (register online)
St. Mary’s University- Oct.24, Nov.15 (CK Tour Oct 27 or 29 – to be confirmed)
St. Thomas University- Sat., Nov.17
University of New Brunswick- Nov.5, Dec.3
MUSIC DEPARTMENT ANNOUNCEMENTS:
1. Concert Band at 7:40 a.m. on Monday.
2. Grade 9 Band Executive meeting at lunch time on Monday. Bring your lunch to the Band Room.
3. Stage Band at 7:40 a.m.
4. Senior Band Executive meeting at lunch. Bring your lunch to the Band Room.
5. Senior Concert Band at 7:40 a.m. on Wednesday.
6. Choir practice at 7:40 a.m. on Thursday.
7. Senior Trumpet Sectional at 7:45 a.m. on Friday.
Concert Band Mondays @ 7:40
Stage Band Tuesdays @ 7:40
Concert Band Wednesdays @ 7:40
Choir Thursdays @ 7:40