BUS QUESTIONS? PLEASE CALL 679-1418
Click Here for Parent Portal
How to sign up for the Parent Portal quick reference guide
How to sign up for the Student Portal quick reference guide
Grade 9-12 Parents may pick up their Parent Portal Letter with Passwords in the office
CENTRAL KINGS SCENT POLICY
CENTRAL KINGS IS A PEANUT/NUT AWARE SCHOOL
Please refrain from bringing products with peanut/nuts due to students and staff with allergies
CK's Education Expos is happening on Thursday, November 27th. Over 40
universities, colleges and opportunities will be represented including
the Canadian Forces and the Canadian Coast Guard see list here. Check out the
schools and their websites by clicking here. Come prepared to ask
questions to get the information you need to know to make an informed
choice. Check out the question link here for kinds of questions it may be
important to ask.
Central Kings parents are invited to the West Kings Education Expo to meet with college and university representatives on
Wednesday evening, November 26th from 7:00-8:45
NOVEMBER 25th, 2014
There will be a meeting of the Beyond Borders Executive Committee today at lunch in Ms. Longaphy's room; it will be a brief meeting.
The Education Expo is happening at CK on Thursday afternoon for Grade 11 and 12 students. All of the schools are on the school website. Check out the schools , their websites, and find out who you need to talk to and what information you need to know ...
The Learning Centre will be selling tickets at recess and throughout both Junior and High School luncheon on two holiday gift baskets. The price of tickets will be $1.00 each. The baskets are valued at $50.00 and $75.00. These will be sold downstairs in the lobby.
The high school Art Club meets every Thursday at lunch in Ms. Gray's room. New members are always welcome to join us.
There will be NO ESL until Wednesday, November 26th.
MIDDLE LEVEL ANNOUNCEMENTS:
1. Hey Middle Schoolers! It's Theme Day time again. Thursday, November 27th is going to be Sports Day! So wear those Jerseys, your new Gator Retro Gear from the recent Frenchy's Sale, or your favourite Team uniform .... Mr. LeBlanc, we look forward to seeing you in your Red, White and Blue!
2. Middle Level Art Club is today at lunch - 12:30 - in Ms. Martin's room. New members are welcome.
3. There will be a very important Middle School "We Act" meeting in Mrs. MacVicar's room at the beginning of lunch time today.
4. A reminder to Middle Level reps to survey their classes for dance requests before tomorrow's meeting.
1. Middle Level Girls Basketball practice 3:30-5 p.m. today.
2. Middle Level Basketball players are to pay their fees and pick up uniforms and paperwork by Wednesday this week.
3. Junior Hockey update ... Please note that due to other events, the next Junior Hockey ice time will now be December 12th. Emails will be sent as we get information. Players still needing to submit money and/or paperwork are to do so this week!
Please look at the student services link on the right hand side of this home page for important information on graduation requirements, scholarships and career planning.
Grads, please check the following To-Do list for a smooth graduation. ClLICK HERE
Life Touch will be at Central Kings during Senior Lunch on Thursday, November 27th to assist with your Grad Photos order.
All Grad Executives and Grad Class Reps meet in Ms. S. Smith's room today at lunch.
Reminder to all grads to sell their Club 200 tickets! Please bring all tickets and money to Ms. S. Smith ASAP. Deadline has been extended to December 8th. Sell, sell, sell!
Any Grade 12 students interested in ordering a grad hoodie can pick up an order form in the store starting Wednesday, November 5th.
Grand View Manor is sponsoring 10 people to complete their Continuing Care Assistant Program. Information sessions will be held November 26th frim 1-3:00 p.m. at Grand View Manor. Please see Ms. Keddy for more information.
Post-Secondary Open House Dates:
Cape Breton University- anytime, email firstname.lastname@example.org
University of New Brunswick- Dec.3
Memorial University Parent/Student Information Session at CK - Dec 3 7:00 p.m.
Holland College- Feb 7 (register online)
MUSIC DEPARTMENT ANNOUNCEMENTS:
1. Thank you to the Grade 9 Band for your great performances at Seniors' homes in Berwick and Wolfville. Your efforts are very much appreciated.
2. Today: Senior Band Executive meeting at lunch - bring your food to the Band Room. 15-20 min. only.
3. Wednesday: Senior Concert Band at 7:40 a.m. Choir - soprano and altos at lunch - 20 min. sectional.
4. Thursday: Choir at 7:40 a.m. Choir Men's 20 min. sectional at lunch.
5. Next Monday: Senior Concert Band at 7:40 a.m.
6. Next Tuesday: Stage Band at 7:40 a.m.