BUS QUESTIONS? PLEASE CALL 679-1418
Click Here for Parent Portal
How to sign up for the Parent Portal quick reference guide
How to sign up for the Student Portal quick reference guide
Grade 9-12 Parents may pick up their Parent Portal Letter with Passwords in the office
There will be painting in room B216 (Upper Senior Wing) October 1-3.
A low volatile latex paint will be used.
If you have any concerns, please contact the Principal, Mrs. Foote.
AVRSB Career Expo 2014 September 29 & 30
Central Kings Football 5th Annual Craft Fair
Saturday, October 25th
10:00 - 3:00
For more information click here
or e-mail email@example.com or call 538-3692
Annapolis Valley Health Seminars
Helping Your Child with ADHD
Promoting Positive Behavious in Children
Promoting Positive Behavious in Teens
Helping Anxious Children
CENTRAL KINGS SCENT POLICY
We have a student in our school with a SERIOUS REACTION to scented
students will be required to respect the AVRSB policy of students not bringing
or wearing scented products
scented roll-on type deodorant is ok
spray, perfume, etc is not ok
products should be lightly scented and applied at home before you come to
will be immediate consequences should students violate the policy
deliberate violations will be treated as an assault and will result in at least
a 5 day suspension
SEPTEMBER 30th, 2014
Reminder that the cafeteria is CLOSED this Friday, October 3rd due to the early dismissal.
Tomorrow will mark the beginning of Mi'kmaq History Month. We will be playing the National Anthem in Mi'kmaq.
Dance Committee meeting TOMORROW at lunch in Mr. Kelley's room.
All Techsploration alumni who applied to go to the alumni conference are asked to go to Ms. S. Smith's room today at lunch.
Reminder to students that course changes should be completed by this time. The last possible day that courses can be dropped is TODAY. After today, the course remains on the transcript.
Anyone 14 years of age and over interested in learning their Blood Type - the Clinic be held on October 6th. You must have permission forms signed and returned prior to testing. Please see Ms. MacPhee for forms and details.
Beginning October 1st and continuing each Wednesday, the Cambridge Baptist Church is offering a free lunch to students who wish to come. You do need to have your permission to leave property form signed.
MIDDLE LEVEL ANNOUNCEMENTS:
1. Today at Junior Lunch, there will be a meeting of the Junior Ambassadors in Mrs. Popowich's room.
2. The Middle School Art Club will start today (Tuesday), September 30th, during lunch.
1. Students in Grade 7 who have not done their final Cross-Country Run in Physical Education class, or who want to improve their results, are reminded of the run today (Tuesday) at 12:35 p.m. Meet at the start line behind the school, ready to run! Lists of those who need to do the run are posted in homerooms.
2. Congratulations to the Piranhas on capturing the Grade 8 Tug-o'-War Competition yesterday! Finishing in second place were the Parrots, followed by the Spartans in third place. Thanks to all for the friendly challenge!
3. Middle Level Soccer results from yesterday's games: the Girls lost a hard-fought battle to a strong West Hants team by a score of 4-0, and the Boys tied KCA at 1. The Girls will be hosting Coldbrook School tomorrow and the Boys are off until next Monday!
1. Soccer Intramurals start today at Senior Lunch. Check the schedule outside the Senior Gym to see if you play.
2. Congratulations to the Senior Boys Golf Team who tore up the fairways and greens of West Pubnico yesterday. They finished in 2nd place in the Western Regional, advancing to Provincials in Cheticamp, Cape Breton next Monday.
Grad Ring Day is October 8th. Please sign up in the office for an appointment to meet with the Grad Ring representative.
Reminder to any Grade 12 students who have applied and been accepted to NSCC that NSCC requires a current transcript from this year that MUST BE RECEIVED by September 30th - that's TODAY!
If you are a high school student interested in volunteering for the Youth Swimming program for Special Olympics, please see Ms. Keddy or Mrs. Turnbull to volunteer. The swimming takes place at the Youth Center Pool on Thursday evenings from 6-7:00 p.m.
There is a sign up list in the Student Services office for the first 40 students in Grades 11 and 12 who would like to travel to St. Mary's University on October 29th to explore the campus and programs.
MUSIC DEPARTMENT ANNOUNCEMENTS:
1. Concert Band Wednesday morning, 7:40 a.m. Please arrive by 7:35 a.m.! We are actually playing at 7:40 a.m.!
2. Choir Thursday morning, 7:40-8:45 a.m.
3. Senior Concert Band Flute, Clarinet, and Percussion sectionals Friday morning, 7:45-8:45 a.m.